The Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (LSUHSC) and the Moffitt Cancer Center (Moffitt) are recipients of a National Cancer Institute (NCI) Partnership to Advance Cancer Health Equity (PACHE) Award. PACHE partnerships are between Minority-Serving Institutions and NCI-designated Cancer Centers to understand and reduce cancer health disparities. The LSUHSC-Moffitt Partnership is making available research funding for faculty members at LSU and Moffitt.
Each Developmental Project must be submitted as a partnership between a faculty member from LSUHSC and a faculty member from Moffitt by submitting one joint application. Only ranked faculty members are eligible to apply for these awards. If institutional commitment to an applicant is unclear, we will request an institutional letter of support.
- Applicants may request up to $50,000 for a one-year period, generally to be distributed equally between the two investigators
- We except to fund one developmental project
- Proposals can be in the areas of Cancer Research, Training, or Outreach
- Proposals should support research projects with potential to lead to peer-reviewed publications and long-term external funding
- Work conducted primarily at the LSUHSC may be in any area of cancer research, but work conducted primarily at Moffitt must specifically address a cancer health disparity relevant to a minority or underserved population
- Proposals must include a career and professional development plan, if early-stage investigators are involved (highly encouraged)
- Only one application per faculty member is permitted
An electronic copy of the proposal should be submitted by 4:00 pm Dec 14, 2018 to the LSUHSC-Moffitt Administrative Core (ZKera.Sims@moffitt.org).